We'll begin this one with the opening track from debut album 'Ei Raha Oo Mun Valuuttaa'. Unfortunately the lyrics are beyond me.
2. TELEVISION PERSONALITIES - 'This Angry Silence' - Rough Trade LP - UK - 1981
Another opening track from another debut LP, this one being 'And Don't The Kids Just Love It'.
3. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - 'The Bastard Son Of Dean Friedman' - Peel Session - UK - 1986
From the second Peel session and available on second album 'Back Again In The DHSS'. 'They mocked me in my mocks and embroidered in my socks . . .'
4. ULTRAVOX - 'Quirks' - Island 7" - UK - 1977
This was on a free single given away with the first 10,000 copies of the 'Ha!-Ha!-Ha!' LP. Early Ultravox rocked!
5. THE FANATICS - 'Mutant' - Whirld Weckords 7" - USA - 1981
Here's a little psycho-drama from a split E.P. with Nervous Tension called 'Fun With Lines And Curves'. From Columbia, South Carolina.
6. ERRATIC - '10 Minutes With Me And Your Problems Are Solved' - Important 7" - USA - 1980
Well, this guy thought a lot of himself. From a manic, fuzzed-out 3-track curiosity. Their only release.
7. THE GHETTO BERRIES - 'Secret Life Of Napoleon Solo' - Templebeat 7" - UK - 1979
Another '60s TV homage now. (This time: The Man From U.N.C.L.E.). One of two tracks from a split 7" with the Spunky Onions.
8. THE SPUNKY ONIONS - 'How I Lost My Virginity' - Templebeat 7" - UK - 1979
Speaking of which, here's their track from the same record. Low key, but a grower.
9. THE SKEPTIX - 'Scarred For Life' - Zenon 7" - UK - 1983
Enough low key, now for some punk rock! From their second E.P. 'Peace Force'.
10. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - 'I Was A Teenage Armchair Honved Fan' - Peel Session - UK - 1986
From the third Peel session and, again, available on 'Back Again In The DHSS'. Honved were (are) a Hungarian football team from Budapest. The best lyric, however, is completely unrelated. 'Is this the bit where we're supposed to make guitars collide, and is the bit where we release all that raw energy, and is this the bit where we go crashing through those barriers, like what they do in music mags?'
11. ULTRAVOX - 'Fear In The Western World' - Island LP - UK - 1977
Another stomper from second album 'Ha!-Ha!-Ha!' Live at Reading here. Sorry, but the pictures don't move.
12. SQUEEZE - 'Is That Love?' - A&M 7" - UK - 1981
Their umpteenth single. Top Of The Pops performance here.
13. TELEVISION PERSONALITIES - 'World Of Pauline Lewis' - Rough Trade LP - UK - 1981
Another track from 'And Don't The Kids Just Love It'.
14. THE SKEPTIX - 'Violent Streets' - Rock-O-Rama LP - UK/Germany - 1983
Opening track from debut album 'So The Youth'.
15. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - 'D' Ye Ken Ted Moult?' - Peel Session - UK - 1985
From the first Peel session/second LP. Ted Moult was an actor/broadcaster who appeared in double glazing adverts, the subject of this little ditty.
16. THE FANATICS - 'Citizen X' - Whirld Weckords 7" - USA - 1981
Another track from 'Fun With Lines And Curves'.
17. APPENDIX - Paniikkia' - Propaganda LP - Finland - 1982
Another track from 'Ei Raha Oo Mun Valuuttaa'.
18. THE SKEPTIX - 'Got No Choice' - Rock-O-Rama LP - UK/Germany - 1983
And another track from 'So The Youth'.
19. TELEVISION PERSONALITIES - 'Geoffrey Ingham' - Rough Trade LP - UK - 1981
A third track from 'And Don't The Kids Just Love It'.
20. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - 'Arthur's Farm/All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit' - Peel Session - UK - 1985
More from the first Peel session as Arthur Askey meets Animal Farm followed by an anti-homage to Scalextric and Subbuteo, two of the worst toys ever.
21. SQUEEZE - 'Another Nail In My Heart' - A&M 7" - UK - 1980
10th single, another classic Difford and Tilbrook composition. Video here.
22. ULTRAVOX - 'Frozen Ones' - Island LP - UK - 1977
Another from 'Ha!-Ha!-Ha!'
23. THE SKEPTIX - 'Legion Of The Damned' - Rock-O-Rama LP - UK/Germany - 1983
A third track from 'So The Youth'.
24. TELEVISION PERSONALITIES - 'Boy In The Paisley Shirt' - Whaam! LP - UK - 1982
And one from their second album called 'They Could Have Been Bigger Than The Beatles'. Sadly, they weren't.
25. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - 'The Trumpton Riots' - Peel Session - UK - 1985
And finally another from the first classic Peel session/second LP. Far better than the 7" version. 'All this aristocracy has really got to stop, we can overthrow the surgery and kidnap Doctor Mop!'
Get it here