The blistering opening track of 'Dehumanization'. Blows away their other records. Then that was it. Gone.
2. THE HARD-ONS - 'Surfin' On My Face' - Vi-Nil 7" - Australia - 1985
Their first vinyl, a 4-track E.P., which barely hinted at what was to come.
3. THE RELATIVES - 'Picasso (Private Collector)' - Red Ash 7" - Australia - 1979
From the first of two 3-track 7"s they released that year. The A-side was 'Now She's On The Beat'.
4. POTENTIAL THREAT - 'Nuclear Threat' - Out Of Town 7" - UK - 1982
From their excellent 'What's So Great Britain?' debut 5-track E.P.
5. THE SPIES - 'My Radio' - Giant Squid 7" - USA - 1982
There were oodles of bands at the time called The Spies/Spys, etc. This lot were from Houston, Texas. So good was this, their only release, that I'll include the flipside later.
6. EXTERNAL MENACE - 'No Views' - Beat The System/Lightbeat 7" - UK - 1982
The title track from their second 4-track E.P. Coatbridge's finest.
7. THE DROP - 'He Doesn't Know He's A Trendy' - Dropped 7" - UK - 1981
Ah, I remember the days when we called people 'trendys', even though many of them weren't. This was their sole 3-tracker.
8. THE HARD-ONS - 'Ferdi's Song' - Waterfront 7" - Australia - 1987
Their 3rd stiff 7" (arf!) I'm not including their floppy (double-arf!) The B-side of 'All Set To Go' which of course I'll include later.
9. WRECKLESS ERIC - 'Whole Wide World' - Stiff 7" - 1977
His debut single. Nowhere near as good as this version, however.
10. KRUNCH - 'Begränsad' - Massproduktion 12" - Sweden - 1985
The opening track from the raucous 'Mys & Kel' E.P. Thrash, but distinctive.
11. S.S. DECONTROL - 'Glue' - Xclaim! 12" - USA - 1983
S.S.D.'s second release, the 'Get It Away' E.P., had a gravity like no other. Not metal, but H-E-A-V-Y.
12. CRUCIFIX - 'No Limbs' - Corpus Christi LP - USA - 1983
Another brutal thrasher from 'Dehumanization'.
13. THE HARD-ONS - 'All Set To Go' - Waterfront 7" - Australia - 1987
As promised, the A-side of the 3rd 7". 'The most beautiful thing in the whole wide world is a naked girl all set to go'. Video here.
14. ONE WAY SYSTEM - 'Aint No Answers' - Anagram LP - UK - 1983
The opening track from their debut album 'All Systems Go'. Pretty negative, yes, but they were pretty bleak times. Here it is from the Jettisoundz video.
15. STUDEBAKERS - 'Orders' - TEC 7" - USA - 1982
The B-side of 'Muscle Girls'. From St. Louis.
16. POTENTIAL THREAT - 'Cheap Labour' - Out Of Town 7" - UK - 1982
Another track from the 'What's So Great Britain?' E.P.
17. THE HARD-ONS - 'Squat House' - Waterfront 12" - Australia - 1986
A track from the 'Smell My Finger' mini-album.
18. KRUNCH - 'Hello Bob' - Massproduktion 7" - Sweden - 1983
From their debut E.P. 'Hello Bob'. At this point they were relatively basic but I love the sound of the guitar.
19. EXTERNAL MENACE - 'Escape From Hell' - Beat The System/Lightbeat 7" - UK - 1982
Another track from the 'No Views' E.P.
20. THE SPIES - 'Bad Girl' - Giant Squid 7" - USA - 1982
As promised, the flipside of 'My Radio'.
21. THE HARD-ONS - 'Think About You' - Waterfront 12" - Australia - 1986
Another track from 'Smell My Finger'. All very juvenile.
22. BATTALION OF SAINTS - 'Sweaty Little Girls' - Mystic 7" - USA - 1983
From a split 7" with S.V.D.B.
23. CRUCIFIX - 'Skinned Alive' - Corpus Christi LP - USA - 1983
A third from 'Dehumanization'.
24. ONE WAY SYSTEM - 'No Return' - Anagram LP - UK - 1983
A second from 'All Systems Go'. Jettisoundz video here.
25. KRUNCH - 'Free Fuck' - Massproduktion 12" - Sweden - 1985
And finally a second from 'Mys & Kel'. Quite lengthy but fun.
Get it here