We begin this penultimate selection with the opening track from 'Yes L.A.', Dangerhouse's one-sided 12" silk-screened disc. The concept sounded better than it actually looked, but with an unreleased Bags track it had to be snapped up, pronto.
2. THE AVENGERS - 'We Are The One' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1977
One of the first Dangerhouse releases and, apparently, the best seller. Live at The Masque here.
3. THE CLASH - 'Complete Control' - CBS 7" - UK - 1977
Third single. Some kind of sub-standard live mish-mash here.
4. THE EYES - 'Disneyland' - Dangerhouse mini-album - USA - 1979
Another from 'Yes L.A.' in which The Eyes suggest Disneyland should be blown off the face of the earth.
5. RAW POWER - 'State Oppression' - Toxic Shock LP - USA - 1985
The opening track from second album 'Screams From The Gutter'. They could really play by now and it (just about) suited them.
6. ANTIDOTE - 'Education Pt. I' - Looney Tunes 7" - UK - 1986
From the 'Destroy Fascism' E.P. which was an anarcho-collaboration between members of Chumbawamba and The Ex.
7. MAYHEM - 'Dogsbody' - Riot City 7" - UK - 1982
The opening track from their debut 'Gentle Murder' E.P. A lovely dirty-arsed production. From Southport, Merseyside.
8. GODHEAD - 'New Lottery' - Bemisbrain 7" - USA - 1981
From their 3-track sole release, hailing from somewhere in Southern California.
9. THE BAGS - 'Survive' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1979
The Bags' only single takes a little while to get going but then suddenly explodes into life. Quite marvellous. See the live chaos here.
10. THE CLASH - 'Clash City Rockers' - CBS 7" - UK - 1978
Fourth single. Live on UK TV here.
11. PARAF - 'Visoki Propisi' - RTV Ljubljana LP - Yugoslavia - 1980
From their debut album 'A Dan Je Tako Lijepo Počeo'. Originating from Rijeka, Croatia.
12. THE EYES - 'T.A.Q.N.' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1979
Another great Dangerhouse single. The title stands for 'Take A Quaalude Now', though listen to the lyrics and you'll realise it's hardly a pro-drugs song. 'Quaalude' is the U.S. brand name for methaqualone which was originally used as a hypnotic drug treatment for insomnia and as a potent sedative or muscle-relaxant. Of course it quickly became used as a recreational drug and as a result there's a wealth of punk rock songs which refer to the numerous joys (and hazards) of 'ludes.
13. ANTI-SYSTEM - '1,000 Rifles' - Pax 7" - UK - 1983
Underrated thrash from their 'Defence Of The Realm' E.P.
14. RAW POWER - 'Don't Let Me See It' - Toxic Shock LP - USA - 1985
Another from 'Screams From The Gutter'. The screams are what make it.
15. THE CLASH - 'Tommy Gun' - CBS 7" - UK - 1978
A great single taken from the disappointing second album 'Give 'Em Enough Rope'. Live on Something Else here.
16. OX - 'Drugs' - Crazy News 7" - France - 1980
The first of two singles. From Rouen.
17. THE BAGS - 'Babylonian Gorgon' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1979
The excellent flipside of 'Survive'. 'Don't need no false reasons for why I'm out of place, I don't goose-step for the master race'.
18. A.O.A. - 'Disaster Area' - Children Of The Revolution 12" - UK - 1985
All Out Attack, from Scotland, and what I liked to think was the opening track from the 'Who Are They Trying To Con?' E.P. Dig that intro and riffage.
19. THE AVENGERS - 'Car Crash' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1977
The lengthy but intense cut from the flipside of 'We Are The One'.
20. THE CLASH - 'Capital Radio' - CBS 7" - UK - 1979
The second version, from the 'Cost Of Living' E.P. This one works better for me . . . well, OK, so it goes on a bit too long. Here's an earlier live version plus extras.
21. THE EYES - 'Topological Eyes' - Dangerhouse 7" - USA - 1979
The flipside of T.A.Q.N. The belated chorus beats the verses.
22. RAW POWER - 'Hate' - Toxic Shock LP - USA - 1985
Another from 'Screams From The Gutter'.
23. MAYHEM - 'Clean Cut' - Riot City 7" - UK - 1983
The stand-out track from the second E.P. 'Pulling Puppet Strings' with a great-yet-simple guitar solo.
24. THE BAGS - 'We Will Bury You' - New Underground LP - USA - 1983
An unreleased Bags track which was the stand-out moment on the 'Life Is Beautiful So Why Not Eat Health Foods?' compilation.
25. THE CLASH - 'Jail Guitar Doors' - CBS 7" - UK - 1978
And to end with, the superior flipside of 'Clash City Rockers'.
Get it here