Wednesday, 3 June 2015
The Best of Brought To Life - 203
1. POISON IDEA - 'A.A.' - Fatal Erection MLP - USA - 1984
The opening (and best) track from 'Record Collectors Are Pretentious Assholes'. In red vinyl, of course.
2. THE MARSHALL DOKTORS - 'O Kay!' - Rewind 7" - UK - 1980
A nice bit of jaunty ska. The superior flipside of sole single 'The Worrying Kind'.
3. DEFAULT - 'Born With An Attitude' - First Strike 7" - UK - 1987
From their 'Inspiration' E.P. Great record, dodgy pressing.
4. X - 'Home Is Where The Floor Is' - Aberrant LP - Australia - 1985
From the third Aberrant Sydney compilation 'Why March When You Can Riot?!'
5. THE RONDOS - 'Russians Are Coming' - King Kong 7" - Netherlands - 1979
From their split E.P. with the Railbirds. Get the whole thing (plus much more) here.
6. MAD - 'Lokalverbot' - Mad LP - Switzerland - 1984
More great ska, from their 'Na Und!' LP. Get the rest of it here.
7. POISON IDEA - 'It's An Action' - Fatal Erection 7" - USA - 1983
One from debut E.P. 'Pick Your King'.
8. THE UNDERDOGS - 'East Of Dachau' - Riot City 7" - UK - 1983
Not a typical Riot City single, but a good 'un.
9. YPÖ-VIIS - 'Mari Pogoaa' - Karva-Levyt 7" - Finland - 1979
Some lovely guitar distortion on this, their second single.
10. FEEDTIME - 'Don't Tell Me' - Aberrant LP - Australia - 1985
Another track from 'Why March When You Can Riot?!' Also released as a single a couple of years later.
11. POISON IDEA - 'Subtract' - Pusmort LP - USA - 1986
One from the legendary 'Kings Of Punk'.
12. THE RAILBIRDS - 'Lonely' - King Kong 7" - Netherlands - 1979
From their split E.P. with the Rondos.
13. THE HAND GRENADES - 'Coma Dos' - Self-released 7" - USA - 1979
Recently posted by the excellent Killed By Death blog. The flipside to sole single 'Demo To London'.
14. TENSION - 'Mr America' - Tantrum 7" - USA - 1985
The standout track from their 'Pericolo Di Morte' E.P.
15. POISON IDEA - 'This Thing Called Progress' - Fatal Erection 7" - USA - 1983
A second track from 'Pick Your King'.
16. DEFAULT - 'Look Further' - First Strike 7" - UK - 1987
And another track from 'Inspiration'.
17. THE ALLEYCATS - 'Too Much Junk' - Dangerhouse 12"- USA - 1979
From the legendary 'Yes L.A.' silk-screened 1-sided curiosity.
18. THE UNDERDOGS - 'Dead Soldier' - Riot City 7" - UK - 1983
From the flipside of 'East Of Dachau'.
19. POISON IDEA - 'Typical' - Pusmort 2xLP - USA - 1985
The best of their tracks on the 'Cleanse The Bacteria' comp.
20. BEGGARS COURT - 'Three Minute Warning' - Aberrant LP - Australia - 1985
A third track from 'Why March When You Can Riot?!'
21. THE RONDOS - 'Wanna Go Home' / 'Gigolo' - King Kong 7" - Netherlands - 1979
2 more tracks from their split E.P. with the Railbirds.
22. AGENT ORANGE - 'Miserlou' - Posh Boy MLP - USA - 1981
A traditional Mediterranean instrumental made famous by Dick Dale whose version featured on the legendary Pulp Fiction soundtrack. This one's from the classic 'Living In Darkness'.
23. FEEDTIME - 'Fractured' - Aberrant 7" - Australia - 1986
Love the slide guitar on this one. Play at maximum volume.
24. POISON IDEA - 'Cop An Attitude' - Pusmort LP - USA - 1986
A second track from 'Kings Of Punk'.
25. THE MOTORS - 'Dancing The Night Away' - Virgin LP - UK - 1977
My initial thoughts were that 'You Beat The Hell Outa Me' was the only worthy Motors track. My mate Gary, custodian of the BTL archive, suggested otherwise, quoting this song. He was right, of course.
26. X - 'TV Cabaret Roll' (from 'Why March When You Can Riot?!')
27. THE HAND GRENADES - 'Demo To London' (from sole single)
28. THE UNDERDOGS - 'Johnny Go Home' (from sole E.P.)
29. DEFAULT - 'Voices From The Past' (from sole E.P.)
30. THE ALLEYCATS - 'Nothing Means Nothing Anymore' (Dangerhouse single)
31. THE LURKERS - 'The Chaos Brothers' (free flexi with 'Fullham Fallout' LP)
32. P.I. Run-out Groove (from 'Kings Of Punk')