We'll start this one with the flipside of their sole 7" 'Niagara Baby'. From Sydney.
2. THE NASAL BOYS - 'Hot Love' - Periphery Perfume 7" - Switzerland - 1977
The first Swiss punk 7", with Rudolph Dietrich on guitar. After this they changed their name to Expo before Rudolph went solo.
3. THE VICTIMS - 'TV Freak' - Self Released 7" - Australia - 1978
From their second E.P 'No Thanks To the Human Turd'. Their first 7" was called 'Television Addict' but that was about somebody else. Clearly they had an affinity with the bloke.
4. NEGATIVE TREND - 'Meathouse' - Heavy Manners 7" - USA - 1978
From their sole E.P. It was re-released as a Subterranean 12" called 'We Don't Play, We Riot' in 1983.
5. THE LEFTOVERS - 'I Only Panic When There's Nothing To Do' - EMI Custom 7" - Australia - 1979
Back to the land of Oz for another track from their sole 7".
6. CHAOS - 'Day Doult' - Off Course 12" - Switzerland - 1979
From a split 12" with The Sick.
7. THE CHOSEN FEW - 'The Joke's On Us' - A Few Production 7" - Australia - 1978
More Ozzie brutality from their sole 6-tracker, though there was also an expanded retrospective released towards the end of the millenium.
8. THE HELMETTES - 'I Don't Care What The People Say' - No Fun 7" - Holland - 1978
Primitive and snotty early Dutch punk. Their sole release.
9. THE ELECTRIC DEADS - 'Crossroads' - Electro Static 7" - Denmark - 1983
From their classic 3rd E.P. Like many Euro bands of the era they sang in English, presumably so they could be more accessible to a worldwide audience. Too bad. I prefer songs in their native language, if possible. I may not understand them but that doesn't stop me making a bold attempt to singalong regardless.The English-speaking world has never quite come to terms with the 57 vowels available across Scandinavia or the car crash of consonants which, to me, add a certain charm and identity to some of those Polish or Czech compositions.
10. THE ASTRONAUTS - 'We Were Talking' - Bugle 7" - UK - 1980
The standout track from their second E.P 'Pranksters In Revolt'.
11. ELECTROCHOC - 'Trois Minutes' - Oxygène 7" - France - 1978
The French weren't bothered about singing in English. Good on 'em. Sounds all the better for it.
12. RAZAR - 'Task Force (Undercover Cops)' - Able Label 7" - Australia - 1978
The flipside of debut single 'Stamp Out Disco'.
13. THE CHILD MOLESTERS - '(I Wanna See Some) Wholesale Murder' - Ace & Duce 7" - USA - 1979
Their second single. Hilarious.
14. THE CELIBATE RIFLES - 'Let's Get Married' - EMI Custom 7" - Australia - 1982
One from their debut E.P. curiously titled 'But Jacques, The Fish?'
15. JACK AND THE RIPPERS - 'No Desire' - Another Swiss label 7" - Switzerland - 1979
Nice chorus. This was their sole 7" at the time but there's a retro second 7" out there too.
16. DOW JONES & THE INDUSTRIALS - 'Ladies With Appliances' - Gulcher LP - USA - 1981
From the 'Red Snerts' compilation album.
17. THE LEWD - 'Kill Yourself' - Scratched 7" - USA - 1979
The 7" was decidedly more primitive than the album and was recorded during their earlier 'back-combing frenzy' period.
18. THE VICTIMS - 'Open Your Eyes' - Self Released 7" - Australia -1978
Another track from 'No Thanks To the Human Turd'.
19. THE FUN THINGS - 'Time Enough For Love' - EMI Custom 7" - Australia - 1980
From their sole E.P. From Brisbane.
20. SUICIDE SQUAD - 'New Kids Army' - Doublethink 7" - Australia - 1979
The flipside of 'I Hate School'.
21. THE CHOSEN FEW - 'Do The Maniac' - A Few Production 7" - Australia - 1978
Another from their E.P.
22. SOCIETY DOG - 'Bad Dreams' - Subterranean 7" - USA - 1980
The flipside of debut single 'Working Class People' (which drags a bit).
23. FRESH COLOR - 'The Source' - Periphery Perfume 7" - Switzerland - 1978
With multiple languages available in Switzerland they still decided to sing in English. It made no difference. No-one was listening. ***Note*** Dieter Meier sings on the A-side.
24. JACK AND THE RIPPERS - 'Don't Pretend' - Demo - Switzerland - 1977
From the retro second 7" I was on about earlier.
25. BELLEVUE - 'Deathwalk' - Self-Released 7" - Switzerland - 1981
From their first E.P. A nice 3-tracker.
26. THE NASAL BOYS - 'Die Wüste Lebt!'
27. THE ELECTRIC DEADS - 'La La La'
28. CHAOS -' Get Out Of My Pocket'
29. THE HELMETTES - 'Half Twee'
30. THE VICTIMS - 'High School Girls'
31. BELLEVUE - 'Marchin' Men'
32. THE ELECTRIC DEADS - 'Fish In A Pool'
Get it here